Saturday, December 11, 2004

People on power trips!

Salaams,
Hello,
Its one of those days again.Why? Well, a very close person to me, one of my elders just expired a few days back. He was extremely nice to me and even though, he was a friend's father, I really really respected the guy.
I remember,how Uncle and auntie had showed up at the airport when I was leaving for the US;I never saw too many people who were that nice. He got a pair of army boots for my friend, Ratul and me, just like he did for his own son, Naveed.
He was always there for me when I needed his help, AlHamdulillah.
But now that he's gone, now that I think of it, I still cant believe that he's gone.Neither can his son, Naveed!
I finally got to go to the Milad today. And since I have a office to come to, I had to abide by the protocols of the office, and called to inform them that I will be a little late.
I told my in-charge that a friend's dad just expired. Guess what he says to me: "Ei dhoroner jinish toh badd dileo paro. Sangbadik holey to unsocial hoye jetey hoi..."
So what do I say to him? Almost nothing. Know why? Because somewhere sometime down the line, in my life, my parents had taught me :"Respect your elders."
And now, I am bound by that very chain which they had taught me.
What am I supposed to do if elders cannot be themselves?!!!!!!!????!!!?
Hmm,my girl tells me that i shouldn't do anything against such people. God will sort them out!
I know that is true.. but such people are never good for anything and always are on a power-trip as soon as they get something that makes them feel important.
ANyhow, I got to go now.
I don't know what I am going to do but this whole thing is going to gnaw under my skin.
I have to find out for myself what journalism is all about first.
bye.
ALLAH Hafez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home